Celebrating Gratitude | May 9-15, 2021
What is “Thanks, Outer Banks!”
Thanks, Outer Banks! is a Celebration of Gratitude encouraging businesses, citizens, and community groups to come together and thank everyone on the Outer Banks who is helping us get through the COVID pandemic. We are a GRATEFUL COMMUNITY and encourage Outer Banks citizens and businesses to show and visibly express their gratitude for anyone who helped keep us all safe, fed, clothed, fueled, connected, schooled, with water & power, and so on.
Let’s show that people of the Outer Banks sincerely appreciate EVERYONE who is helping us get through the pandemic.
Week of May 9 through 15, 2021 (Monday through Saturday)
What Can I do to Say “Thanks, Outer Banks!”
Whatever you like! Please download PDF and share ideas and resources for citizens and business to say, “Thanks, Outer Banks!”
Here are just a few ideas and resources…
- Everyone: As you go about your daily lives, hand out notes of thanks to everyone who has helped you this past year. Here are free “Thanks, Outer Banks! note cards that you can use…or make up your own!
- Businesses: If you have an outdoor sign, please put up “Thanks, Outer Banks!” or another phase of gratitude during May 9-15 proclaiming your thanks to all who are helping us get through the pandemic.
- See more ideas for businesses here [link to pdf – Thanks Outer Banks Ideas for Businesses]
- Homes and Businesses – Please light up your home or business with lights and ribbons in the Color of Gratitude (deep pink/magenta) during May 9-15 showing your thanks to all who are helping us get through the pandemic.
- What about ribbons on your vehicles and mailboxes that week?
- Change out your front door lights to the Color of Gratitude.
- Use Color of Gratitude floodlights on your home or business.
- We STRONGLY urge people to use local suppliers for lights, ribbons and other supplies, but scroll down to “Ribbons” or “Lights” for online sources.
May I use the Logos and Colors for free?
Absolutely! Zero cost. This is a community service project of three area Rotary Clubs and The Outer Banks Hospital and Medical Group. Add your personal touch to say, “Thanks, Outer Banks!”
Have Other Questions?
If you have any questions, please contact:
- Carl Classen, First Flight Rotary Club 252-489-9198 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lori Howell-Clark, First Flight Rotary Club; East Carolina Radio and Outer Banks Voice 336-687-3661 email@example.com
- Jennifer Schwartzenberg, Kitty Hawk Rotary Club; The Outer Banks Hospital and Medical Group 252-449-5933 firstname.lastname@example.org