First Flight Rotary Club and members actively strengthen our community and the Outer Banks doing many projects throughout the year. Some projects include the entire Club, such as the Oink & Oyster Roast, and some include just a few members at a time, such as:.
- Beach Grass Planting
- Mentoring High School Students
- Serving meals Ruthie’s Kitchen
- Start Line at the OBX Marathon
- Hurricane Evacuation of International Students
- Nags Head Youth Fishing Tournament
- Food Pantry
- International Student Welcome Events
- Scholarships through the Lacy J. McNeill Scholarship Endowment
- Donating/building a Bike Rack for Nags Head Wood
- Outer Banks International Student Identification Card
…and many other projects throughout the Outer Banks community.
First Flight Rotarians include their family members in community projects, which builds stronger families and a sense of community in young people. Some projects are done in cooperation with other Rotary Clubs and some are done in cooperation with other organizations, such as the Food Pantry or the Outer Banks International Student Outreach Program (OBX ISOP).
All First Flight Rotarians are encouraged to participate in community projects to the extent of their time, interest, and physical capabilities. Also, Rotarians are encouraged to suggest new projects or improvements to existing projects. This builds leadership and community strength while furthering our motto, “Service Above Self.”